Well, one man found out the hard way that there are certain ways to NOT use heat to kill bedbugs.
According to Newsday, a man set his rental car on fire and was burned after he tried to kill bedbugs that were inside with alcohol. Scott Kemery, of Bridgehampton, was outside a supermarket in Eastport, New York when he poured alcohol in the car and lit a cigarette. The car caught ablaze and the heat caused damage to two nearby cars, as well.
Kemery was able to escape the car but not without injury. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital with first- and second-degree burns.
If you prefer to get rid of any bedbugs in safe and controlled manner, try the ThermalStrike Ranger, which is designed to prevent the spread of bedbugs by surrounding luggage or items such as a backpack, with heat on all sides to destroy all stages of bedbugs.
For a demonstration on how to use the Ranger, check out this video.